Sunday 28 February 2010

NOTD

Hi there!
It's been a couple of days since I made my last post but I now have reason to blog! :) I painted my nails yesterday using a Barry M nail polish I got at the Clothes Show a few months ago. I have to admit that I had never tried any Barry M products but I decided to buy a goody bag at Clothes Show and see if it's all as lovely as everyone else says it is! For £10 I got a bunch of products (nail polish, eye glitter, eye pencils and lipglosses), some of which I passed on to other people as Christmas presents (lol) as I wasn't a fan of the colours!

The nail polish I tried this weekend is called Barry M Mulberry Pink. It's a very pale pink, so in order to cover up the white's of the nails you really need 2-3 thick coats. I find this a bit off putting as I love strong colours on nails, but I thought I'd try something different and I have to say I think the colour is really pretty! I've found that this nail varnish hasn't lasted that well. I painted it on yesterday and already it's coming off at the tips. Overall I would give this product 6/10. The colour is pretty but I really can't see it lasting any longer than 3 days.

Also, while I'm on the topic of nails, you'll see from the pictures below that my cuticles aren't in the best of shape. I find in the winter that they go red, crack and become really dry. It's horrible. I've been using No.7 Nourishing Nail and Cuticle Cream since December and I would definitely recommend it! I rub a small amount onto each cuticle every morning and find that it really helps to moisturise and restore damaged cuticles! For those of you living in the UK I suggest you get this with your £5 No.7 voucher which are being given out at Boots at the moment :)




Enjoy! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment